- $15.00 *
- 0 Favorites
REAL-WORLD CLASSROOM LIFE LAB (RWC) blends the in-class experience with a virtual simulation. Decisions made in both environments have real impact and consequences. Virtual currency is budgeted to pay bills, buy assets, take on liabilities, buy privileges in class, and even purchase a portion of the students' overall grade.
- Real-World Classroom
- Brian Bean, President - Real-World Classroom
- Price Note
- Price listed is per student account with a 3-year license.
- Published / Released Year
- Resource Categories
- Resource Type
- Comprehensive Curriculum/Program
- Target Users
- Teacher, classroom or after school
- Grade Level
- 9th grade, 10th grade, 11th grade, 12th grade
- Order Phone Number
- Jump$tart Standards
- CD1 - Analyze the costs and benefits of various types of credit
- CD3 - Apply strategies to avoid or correct debt management problems
- EI2 - Compare sources of personal income and compensation
- EI3 - Analyze factors that affect net income
- FDM1 - Recognize the responsibilities associated with personal financial decisions
- FDM2 - Use reliable resources when making financial decisions
- FDM4 - Make criterion-based financial decisions by systematically considering alternatives and consequences
- FDM5 - Apply communication strategies when discussing financial issues
- FDM6 - Analyze the requirements of contractual obligations
- FDM7 - Control personal information
- FDM8 - Use a personal financial plan
- I1 - Explain how investing may build wealth and help meet financial goals
- I2 - Evaluate investment alternatives
- I3 - Demonstrate how to buy and sell investments
- RMI1 - Identify common types of risks and basic risk management methods
- RMI2 - Justify reasons to use property and liability insurance
- RMI3 - Justify reasons to use health, disability, long-term care and life insurance
- SS1 - Develop a plan for spending and saving
- SS2 - Develop a system for keeping and using financial records
- SS3 - Describe how to use different payment methods
- SS4 - Apply consumer skills to spending and saving decisions
No Comments Found
Review made at 11:46am on March 11th, 2019 by firstname.lastname@example.orgI have thoroughly enjoyed this program. My students are being held more accountable for their choices and they're enjoying the process as well - the reality of this simulation reaches beyond the classroom. I have had parents tell me the conversations they're having with their students regarding RWC and how impressed they are with the knowledge level the students have shown. I have had administrators and other teachers give positive feedback from the conversations they're having with the students about progress and what it takes to succeed.
Review made at 02:35pm on March 8th, 2019 by email@example.comI won't teach another finance class without RWC! RWC gives students regular opportunities to make individual decisions with consequences that affect them. They "feel" how much it costs to get an apartment when they make their security and first month's rent deposits. They "see" how a buying a car and taking on total ownership costs decreases their discretionary income. They "experience" the importance of an emergency fund when they have to pay for an unanticipated car repair. Rather than simply memorize definitions of scarcity and trade-off, my students know what those economic concepts feel like. Using RWC, I'm confident that my students are no longer just learning finance; they are experiencing finance!
Review made at 10:46am on March 8th, 2019 by firstname.lastname@example.orgThis resource is awesome! I use it on a daily basis with my personal finance student's and they are enjoying the items they can purchase during class. They are really enjoying the simulation and the resources are very helpful! I would really recommend using RWC and their resources. It is really user friendly as well!
Review made at 10:28am on March 8th, 2019 by email@example.comRWC is a game changer in my classroom. It keeps students engaged and teaches them a ton of real-world responsibility. Lots of ways to customize to your own liking to fit your teaching style. Overall, great!
Review made at 12:26am on March 8th, 2019 by firstname.lastname@example.orgThis resource is very detailed and comprehensive. It takes time to learn and figure out. Support has been outstanding and very responsive. Once you get through the learning curve the content is simply amazing. There are many things that I love about the RWC resource. I love how it fits into the classroom on my terms. I still teach my content at my pace, and RWC fits in as a supplemental learning tool that engages the students. Additionally, RWC reinforces the things I teach with experiential learning. Students have the opportunity to apply what I have taught with real consequences attached to their actions. One of the greatest challenges that I face teaching Financial Literacy is connecting students to the content. Students know that the things I am teaching are important and relevant, but they feel that the application of what they are learning is still very far off in their lives. RWC connects students with the content in a big way. Students have to apply the lessons they learn in class to do things such as budget, manage a credit card or create an emergency fund. As a teacher, my greatest fear is that my failures in the classroom will not prepare students for what is coming their way in terms of personal finance. I truly feel that RWC helps make up for any deficiencies that I may have a teacher. By using the RWC program, students learn lessons that prepare them for the real world.
Review made at 03:48pm on March 7th, 2019 by Melanie.email@example.comI am a district level administrator and have purchased this resource for both of our high schools. The teachers love the ease of use and how well it aligns to Texas state standards. The students love how relevant all the experiences are. I visited one of the classes and asked the kids what the best part of the class was and, no lie, one kid blurted out "PAYING BILLS!!!" I asked him if he was serious and he said absolutely because he now feels more confident about being on his own next year and being able to manage his money.
Review made at 02:40pm on March 7th, 2019 by firstname.lastname@example.orgI love this program. I have never seen a better simulation for budgeting and money management. There is so much you can do with it, and the students are really engaged. Additionally, as an added bonus, the program is a fantastic classroom management tool. It is very user friendly, and gives you so many options to teach personal financial principals. It is an awesome program.